Are you considering new flooring for your home? Do you need help with the flooring installation?
Whether you’re looking to upgrade, remodel or replace your flooring due to water damage, picking new flooring can be a tough choice! There are many materials to choose from and each type has an array of options to go along with it. Also, depending on the room and the flow of traffic, there are a variety of considerations to think about.
Consider your home’s layout. Do you have an open floor plan? Using the same flooring throughout the space will create a clean, continuous appearance. Don’t under estimate wear and tear depending on where you’re planning to install new flooring.
Here are a some options when considering new flooring in your home.
1. Hardwood. Due to hardwood’s durability and natural feel, it continues to be the flooring of choice for many homeowners. Hardwood floors come in a variety of styles such as plank, parquet and pre-finished boards.
2. Porcelain is a beautiful option for flooring. Materials like terra cotta and natural stone, such as marble, granite, travertine or slate are available. When selecting tile on a budget, porcelain is the most cost-effective. It combines the beauty and hardness of stone, but costs considerably less and is much easier to maintain than marble. Glazed porcelain tile is durable enough to handle heavy traffic areas.
3. Laminate flooring is one of the most popular and affordable. The laminates are a less expensive option to hardwoods, and come in a variety of patterns. They are still durable and can be a good solution for a quick fix or a rental property.
4. Engineered wood floors. Engineered wood consists of a real hardwood veneer attached to a number of plywood layers. This is a little more expensive than laminate because the top layer is real wood rather than a print. This top layer of wood gives engineered wood floors a much more convincing sound, feel and look than laminate.
5. Bamboo flooring is pre-finished and engineered just like standard solid wood flooring. Unlike hardwood floors, the material used to create bamboo floors is not a tree, but actually a lightweight woody grass. This fast-growing, regenerating plant has the tensile strength of steel, which makes for a highly durable floor that resists swelling and contraction with changes in humidity.
6. Linoleum is considered eco-friendly because it’s made from all natural materials and does not deplete forests. It creates no health issues during production, installation, use or disposal. The bactericidal properties of linoleum stop microorganisms from multiplying, so you often see natural linoleum floors used in many hospitals. Linoleum is also water resistant and scratch-resistant, and easy to clean.
7. Vinyl is one of the most value-conscious flooring options today. It’s an especially popular choice for rooms that are prone to moisture problems, such as basements, bathrooms and kitchens. Vinyl is also easy to clean and softer than tile. When selecting vinyl: the thicker it is, the more traffic it can withstand.
8. Carpet flooring has endless options; multiple colors, textures, styles, carpet height and more. Carpet is a quiet choice, and can be stain resistant.
Choosing flooring for your home is a exciting choice to make when remodeling, and we would love to help! Call us for flooring installation.
Ever and his team were extremely professional, yet very friendly, well organized, and efficient. The scope of work ended up being much larger than we expected (plumbing leak) but he and his crew completed everything and even ended up doing some extra work for us as well. Ever was very fair and extremely flexible when it came to negotiating the cost of those projects.
Georgia Interior & Exterior Contractors did an amazing job designing and building our new deck. The project was completed on time and under budget! Employees were honest, professional and very clean. Ever was really a pleasure to work with! They really cared about what we wanted, listen to us and did an unbelieveable job! We have received many compliments on the finished product. We highly recommend without hesitation Georgia Interior & Exterior Contractors to anyone who asks.
Ever Castro was extremely professional and courteous from day one with the onsite estimate for my window replacement, to the calls prior to the installation day and the installation itself. Ever and his associate were on time, mindful of generating as little damage to the existing window frame and prompt with cleanup. I was very happy with the final results and would definitely recommend him to prospective clients. Thanks again Ever!
Because I had several projects, he was willing to bundle his pricing. It was great and a huge seller for me. He came 30 minutes early, worked through some unforeseen issues with my home, offered to go to the store to gather replacement items then finished install. He was professional the entire time (and so was his assistant). I will be using him and the services in the future.
Castro was excellent. He arrived on time for the appraisal and he arrived on time for the actual work. He completed the work 1 day ahead of schedule. His work and that of his three man team was exceptional. At various points of the install, he checked with me to make sure he was doing as I expected. This morning he followed up with me to make sure I was satisfied with the job. I am extremely satisfied and will use Castro on a few upcoming handyman jobs as well. Highly recommend this professional!
Georgia Interior Contractors LLC are exceptional. They are professional, produces quality work, and delivers outstanding customer service. We hired them to paint the interior and exterior of our home. Because of their level of expertise, we engaged them to work on several other projects. I highly recommend this company. You will not be dissappointed!
Licensed and Insured. The last thing you want is a remodeler to be working on your property, only to find out they don't have the proper insurance or aren't licensed to do the work, because if something goes wrong or someone is hurt at a work site, you could be held liable for the damages. Make sure that the remodeler you choose has ample worker's compensation, property damage, and personal liability coverage.
References. The best way to ascertain if the remodeler you choose is skilled and competent enough to do the job is to ask for and verify a list of references consisting of past customers that you can contact. Customers that get what they paid for and who are happy with the job your remodeler has done for them are usually only too happy to provide an endorsement on the remodeler's work. Choose me, and before long you'll be on our reference list!